Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Yesterday, we got a lot of snow.....again. Yes, I know that I am in a very small minority, but I love snow and the look of it. I even like to shovel it----such a great workout for the arms!

And along with the snow was a day off from school----and a fun day for Aydan to play in that said snow! So, we put the parka's on the puppies, and they joined him for some fun in the snow.

The view outside our front door....

.....and turning toward the conservation area.

There's Aydan, in the midst of the snow kingdom.

Musette, with her little snow parka on.

Musette, going for a visit to Aydan----whoa---this snow is COLD!

Now is Mignon's turn to experience the snow.....

....but she bolts for the warmth!

Aydan----running from the camera.....

....but he can't hide from me!

Musette and our cat, Shadow, relaxing after the snow romp.....

.....and Mignon finally joins them after she gets toweled off....oh....so nice to be WARM!

As the snow keeps falling today, and I do another sweep with the snow shovel, I stop and enjoy the beauty once again. That's why I love the change of the seasons----it gives you a chance to appreciate all the beauty of the world---whatever the season.

21 comments:

Suzanne said...

Beautiful photos!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I'm so jealous! We haven't had any snow down in Connecticut for weeks. I love snow too!

Great photos!

Kristina P. said...

I love their little sweaters!

Living in Utah, we NEVER get snow days.

mCat said...

The pics are great. But sadly they don't make me love snow. How far away is July?

Rachel said...

Oh man that snow sucks big time! I am so thankful we don't have snow like that over here right now. Oh no, I think I just jinxed myself.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Visiting you back; thanks for the SITS comment love. Sounds like we have a lot in common, except for your snazzy looks, performance skilz and love of shoveling snow. Seriously? I'd like it if it wasn't so COLD out when it snowed. Like if it was 80 degrees out, and that pillowy, cold white stuff billowed down... how nice would that be?

Christy said...

Oh so pretty! And the pets are adorable too!

kado! said...

LUCKY!!! i wish we had some snow...I'm right there with ya..I love the snow...all of it!

Just SO said...

It looks so beautiful but I have to say I'm glad it's not here. Our mountains are getting it and we are getting more rain/snow mixture which is fine by me.

Joanna said...

You are so right, the snow this weekend was SO beautiful! I took the kids to school this morning, came home and just stood outside staring. The sky was blue and the sun was shining and every twig of every tree was white with snow, and I thought it was the most beautiful morning I have ever seen in my life! New England definitely has it's good days:)

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

Beautiful snow! I'm glad you had the time to enjoy it. I do like snow for a day here and there which is what we usually get. It never lasts for long and for that I am thankful.

Heather said...

Love the pictures and I'm glad you like the snow. I'm a little apprehensive to live in it again. Going to be hard to get used to after living in the Valley of the Sun for so many years. :)

WendyB said...

I love little dogs bundled up for the winter!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi...just hopped over from sits. i love your snow pics. ours has melted and i am really bummed out. i want snow snow snow!!!! enjoy it while you have it. it sure looks like you all are.

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

Such fun pics, stopping by from SITS. We too got snow, lots of it...but I have yet to go and play maybe this weekend we'll pull the snowmobiles out :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Just found you through the SITS featured blog comments. I have to admit... I came to your blog b/c I saw that you have a super cute short haircut, like me (at least I hope mine's super cute).

Oh how I miss snow! I grew up in Chicago, but live in the south now where it hardly snows at all.

Have a great weekend-stop by my blog if you get a chance!

Christina Lee said...

wow great pictures!! I wish my 80 pound lab bolted for the door so I wouldnt have to walk her everyday :)

tiburon said...

Geez! That is some SNOW! I have been waiting for a storm like that this year...

Syed said...

Oh wow, how absolutely magical!! Hope you're having a wonderful week in the snow :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

You're welcome. :-) I hear that's from the storm we had earlier in the week that has made its way across the country. You should have more this weekend.

It's beautiful. Seeing photos like that almost make me forget how much I hate shoveling and driving in the stuff.

Carma Sez said...

fun times were had by all!! except me if I would have been there shivering and grumpy :D

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin