Your Ad Here

Monday, January 04, 2010

Re-evaluations, NOT Resolutions


I don't particularly like the idea of resolutions. I don't disagree with them, but I like to make them ongoing.

All through the year.

Monthly.

Weekly.

Daily.

Ok......hourly.


That is pretty much how I roll. I am constantly re-evaluating my life and what I want to do with it. I am still deciding what I want to be when I grow up, you might say. And I envision that I will still be doing it the day that I drop dead.


So, basically, I have thought about some of the most recent things that I have been mulling over in my mind. These are the things that I will share with you.
(And did I mention that I am a woman of lists? One by my bed, one by the bathroom sink---not even kidding, one in my daytimer, on my calendar, and one in my head at ALL times. Is it any wonder that I have insomnia?)


The latest list of re-evaluations:

*Keep my business---i.e. the theatre going---and try to not freak out so much about it.
*Get my next season of plays and musicals picked THIS season-----trust me, its harder than you think!
*Try to get to bed by midnight----and yes, this is hard for me----I am a night owl.
*Keep exercising at least 4 times a week. I already do this, but am expanding to include yoga now once a week.
*Try to get that other 10 lbs. off----seriously----I don't take this lightly---I lost 14 lbs. from Aug. to Nov.----and have gained back about 2 lbs. during the holidays.....aarrgghhh.
*Try to train my pups to not bark when someone comes to the door----we started this about two months ago---but it is hard to find the time to keep working on it!
*Be better about volunteering for helping those in need in my church. I am terrible about doing this, if I know that it is early in the morning, or takes too many hours in the day----I have so much to do, and I wimp out.
*Try to keep my house cleaner----ummm----maybe I should check into a cleaning service once a month? Oh, so tempting.
*Continue reading more. I love to read as much as I love movies (which is my addiction, by the by) and I have stepped it up this year, by TAKING the time to read each day----even if its only 1/2 hour in the morning and a 1/2 hour at night.
*Be a better and more attentive mother.......er......ah.......I asked my young son about this one-----if I needed improvement----and he answered that I could do that by only making him do ONE chore every day instead of two before he can have computer time..... Minx.
Seriously, I should hang out more with him----more quality time----as he is always with me, but I am doing my theatre thing and don't always pay attention to him----did I mention that he is a great kid? I know....you've heard it before.
*Be a better wife. What? Where did that come from? Was that my alter-ego trying to get a word in edgewise? Whateveh.... Although, I guess it wouldn't hurt to send him notes and do mushy things once in a while-----yeah----I can do that. And maybe not nag about money anymore...................(tweet, tweet, tweet)...........NAH-----thats NOT going to happen.
*Write two posts a week in my blog----and get those blasted Memory Mondays back! Geeze! Why can't I seem to get it together?!!
*Get back to reading blogs at least two times a week.....ok....well, shoot for three and see how it goes.....


There you have it.

My re-evaluations.

That's all she wrote.

Been there, done that.


How about you check in with me daily and see how I'm doing?


I'll write you down on one of my lists.

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I just don't make any goals. Life is easier that way.

tiburon said...

All good things. I can't set one big goal - I need little bite size ones :)

Rachel said...

You go girl! I know you will do all of these without fail!

Love you!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I like your re-evalutions! And I'm with you on not making resolutions. It seems so insincere that in January that we all feel we must come up with certain things we must change. We should be doing it all year. I feel myself much more inclined to make changes in the fall when school starts and life changes from the laziness of summer.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I make goals, which I contend are much different from resolutions. Resolutions are so negative. Goals have a plan and are positive (usually) and have a definite way of calculating that you've accomplished what you set out to do.

And yours are great!

mCat said...

Great re-evaluations!

And yeah, hang out with the kid more, it's good for you : )

Jewels said...

I'm an avid list fan, too! And these are super ideas. My friend just told me that she's going to tackle a new goal every month. This month she's reading the BOM and running. Next month she'll keep up with those two things, but add another one....brilliant!

I'm hoping to plant a garden and get my life organized. it's a daunting task, trust me!

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Well, you must have done one of the things on your list since you stopped by my blog, so pat yourself on the back and stop being so hard on yourself! There are a million things we could be doing or be better at doing. Be sure to congratulate yourself for trying! Thanks for stopping by today!

Debbie said...

I love your re-evaluations. That is mostly how I deal with the whole resolution thing too.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I don't really do new year resolutions either - but I've been thinking a lot about what I want this year to be like... So I guess I should make a list!

kado! said...

you are one busy woman!!! I love to re-evaluate all throughout the year...keeps me in line!

Omgirl said...

A cleaning service is such a great idea! I should look into that too. I'm good at tidying, but deep cleaning is not my fave. Thanks for the idea!

BTW, your comment on my post about the crappy movie theater CRACKED ME UP! I wish I HAD left a couple of unflushed dumps! Maybe next time.

Carol said...

Sorry your husband got laid off. Long list! Go slow

amber_mtmc said...

I spend way too much time ignoring my children. And my husband. And my house.

Dang it.

I am sorry to hear that your husband was laid off! I hope that everything works out!

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

Stopping by from SITS.
Sorry to hear about the hubs' job :o(
Hopefully this only clears the way for bigger and better!
Best wishes!

Julie said...

I keep thinking I need to write down a few goals for myself, but then I remember how bad I am at accomplishing them... so maybe I'll just try to do BETTER (at all things) and see how it goes from there - I definitely have room for improvement!

Good luck on yours!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin