Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Whin-ey Wednesday


I've decided to start using Wed.'s to vent when I need to-----therefore the title of this post. No, it won't be every week. I really don't have time to do that-----sigh.


Today, I am going to whine about the fact that my hubby is out of work.......again. Last Friday, he broke the news to me that he had been laid off, and I sort of......well.......FREAKED!


Perhaps it had to do with the fact that just six months ago, he had a really bad accident at work, where he almost lost the third finger on his right hand. They had to re-build it. You might want to refresh your memory and read about it here.

Well, he was on disability, but of course, that doesn't pay all the bills-----and he was getting a small compensation from his workplace also, but that didn't cover the overtime that is required for us to....well......basically.....pay those darn bills. So, we have been trying to juggle things to get everything covered, and are still, basically, behind.

NOT a good time to be laid off, for sure.....

I work really hard---doing voice lessons, and trying to get the theatre off the ground and making something from that----someday----but it doesn't bring in a lot now, therefore I don't feel that I am prepared to take on any more debt problems.

I guess I am just P---O'd! I am getting so tired of being stressed out about money, and where its going to come from. I am getting older and sometimes wish that I could be like most of the women my age, with great houses, having vacations, re-decorating their houses, going shopping and just worrying about who to go to lunch with----occasionally babysitting the G-babies.

And another down-side to this extreme stress----I don't sleep well. I get panic attacks sometimes waking up at about 4:00 in the morning----not being able to breath, and panic-ing about how to get through all this. I have been working on getting caught up with everything, and I am FREAKING out how this will affect all that I have worked on.


Ok----just writing about this has made me feel like a total whiner. I apologize for going off, but if its only once in awhile-----can't a girl just GET THINGS OFF HER CHEST ONCE IN A WHILE!!


Now----end of the pity party.


I need to go out and do something for someone else. It always manages to take my mind off of my problems....

12 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, Shawn! I hope things work themselves out quick!

Mrs. O said...

How perfectly frustrating. I'm sorry, I hope things start looking up soon.

Rachel said...

In these situations I normally will go out and get myself a 89 cents lime coke. After which I try to breathe (maybe get a good cry in) and know that if I work hard... things will work out.

And you girl, you work hard. Things will figure themselves out as time goes on. Maybe there is something better waiting for you and your dear husband... you just don't know it yet.

Kristina P. said...

Shawn, I am so sorry! It completely sucks. I can relate. I hope he finds something soon!

mCat said...

My poor friend! What a sucky situation right now. At least we know it won't last forever, and things will always change. Things will get better. Hang in there!

xoxoxo
M

Alyson | New England Living said...

Don't apologize for whining! We all must do it now and again.

I hope your husband finds a new job super duper quick! I can only imagine the stress you both must feel. This economy is making stress cases out of all of us. Since my husband is in sales, I totally feel a pinch.

Hildie said...

Unemployment sucks the big one! So sorry!

Carrot Jello said...

"Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out."

"If Life Gets Too Hard To Stand, Kneel."

— Gordon B. Hinckley

Hang in there.
I can totally relate.

Joanna said...

Oh no that's such sucky news and you have every reason to whine! You know we have all been there at some point, and we all worry about when we will be there again. Now instead of missing the whole going out to lunch with friends thing, how about you come up to Nashua and visit me and have a free lunch in my kitchen!! Anytime. And you think I'm kidding?? Seriously!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Shawn. That is a hard, hard situation. It's ok to vent...it's your blog. I hope that things work out, and that he finds work quickly. You should work with me!! You'd be grrreat! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Hi Shawn, It's a good thing I don't have a blog because everyday would be whiney wednesday...(mostly because of my poor choices in men...)but,I am living proof that things always workout for people who think positively. A month ago life for me was very bleek and now because I made it happen I am living in a beautiful little cottage on Plum Island with my adorable kitty and we found a perfect affordable apartment in the part of town I was hoping for. This wouldn't have happened had I not made the not so smart choice to move to Chelmsford. I just thank God that I am strong enough to know when something is not right and not waste my precious time in an unhealthy situation.

Things will turn for you just the way you want them too. Because you have faith, love of family, sense of humor, and you don't sit around on the pity pot. Hang in there beautiful lady.

The Dutch Girl said...

Oh, I have been there. Still am, in fact. It sucks but you WILL make it through. Quite simply because you have no choice. You do have a choice HOW you make it through. By trying to remain positive (with the occasional break down and bout of whining for which there's no need to apologize) or by giving in and proclaiming you're cursed (my husband's way of dealing which quite frankly causes more stress than the situation itself).

Happiness is choice. It comes in the little things like enjoying fresh snow and looking for beauty. As far as I can tell, you'll be just fine.

Thanks for stopping by Northwoods Adventures. Hanneke

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin