Your Ad Here

Friday, January 29, 2010

Fabulous Find For A Friday-----My Minnie

My youngest daughter Maryn, or Minnie, as I used to call her when she was a baby, has been the topic of my blog quite a few times. She is my wandering spirit, so I worry about her a lot and yearn to have her near. Today she turned 22, and of course, par for the course, I called her and sang her Happy Birthday----right when she was born, of course, but I had to sing to her cell phone answering service. Then I left several messages on her Facebook page, but I haven't heard from her..... Sigh.....

It is hard to have a child like this sometimes. When they are small and we have so much control over their lives----we tend to complain about how difficult it is to do everything for them, but when they are gone, and we sometimes don't even know where they are----it is hard----and sometimes it hurts a bit that you can't have them near. It sometimes makes you feel that they don't care anymore.

Maryn was a darling baby, a beautiful little girl, and my little sweetheart. She is my artist, singer, super creative, alternative, rebellious, and was always pushing my envelope----but I love her just the same! That's what we do as mothers----we love our children with no strings attached.

There are so many things that I love about Maryn:

I love how she is unique----has always been---definitely does her own thing!

I love how she gets along with people of all ages. She has such a great spirit about her----and people respond to that.

I love her artistic talents. She is BRILLIANT in her artwork, and even supercedes my talent....

I love how she loves to sing. She writes music, sings constantly and performs by herself or with different bands. She also taught herself to play guitar.

I love that she loves animals. She has adopted two cats, and she takes care of them so well----even feeding them when she doesn't have any money for her own food.

I love her intelligence. She is really smart and reads a lot, and definitely forms her own opinion about things----and is NOT afraid to voice them!

I love her hugs----she has the BEST hugs in the world!!! Big, long, squeezy ones.....my favorite!

I love her sense of humor----she is crazy and so fun when we get together----acting out and well....just being one of us!

I love her laugh....she always laughs at the antics I pull----I tend to get crazy sometime, and Maryn is always the first one to get everyone going with her infectious laugh!

I love her free spirit, but sometimes I detest it, as she can't stay in one place for long, and hasn't really decided what she wants to do.....well, she kind of gets that from me, as I STILL haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up! But I worry about her and just want her to be happy----no matter what she decides to do.

Here's that beautiful face....(Maryn, a few years ago)

....and her fun side!

She's very photogenic....

....and loves to goof around while we are shooting.

Performing at one of her "shows".

Love this smile....

....and there she goes.....again!

Brinna, Maryn and I---this past Christmas in our....er.....well.....Christmas
jammies, of course!

Happy Birthday, Minnie!

10 comments:

Just SO said...

Happy Birthday to your Minnie! (love that nick name) She looks like she is full of fun and love.

Christy said...

So sweet - and Happy Birthday to her!

mCat said...

Happy Birthday to your Minnie, and I am hoping that by the time you get this, you will have heard fro her.
(hate that feeling)

xoxox

Tonya said...

Beautiful pictures! :-) Hope you get to hear from her soon.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day!

Cheryl said...

Thank you for stopping by. Love your blog. Tell your sweet daughter Happy Birthday!

twinkietotmom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog through SITS. Happy belated birthday to your daughter...I can't even imagine what life will be like when my kids are 22! Sounds like you are very understanding of her care-free spirit...I dont think I would be, haha!

Carma Sez said...

I can relate so much to your Minnie - I "rocked" a similar look when I was about her age - the short tousseled hair, slim jeans and chuck T's - handpainted by me. I miss those days - I'm still as restless as ever - but I internalize it - since I'm at that point in life where I just can't up and move, try as I may ! Hope she has a delightful birthday :D and that she remembers to call her mom!

HaLaine said...

I have those jammies...
And cheers to free spirits and daughters with Birthdays. ( "

The Stylish House said...

Shawn,
Happy Birthday to your beautiful Minnie. She is a free spirit,like I was at that age. When she has a family of her own she will probably settle down.
Well, I made thru my first year of blogging so I'm having a little party on my site. Please drop by if you can.
Hugs, Cathy

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Happy Birthday to your Minnie! What a lovely girl. Minnie, if you are reading this-- Call your mom!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin