Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Beauty of New England In Celebration Of The New England Bloggers Birthday!

If you scroll down the right side of my blog, you will see a button for New England Bloggers. These stupendous bunch of gals are all bloggers, and, of course, from New England! There's a super blogger that started it all about a year ago----Elizabeth over at Evil Overlord----and she thought it might be nice to celebrate by having some bloggers write about living in New England----just to celebrate our year of blogging together.

It is hard for me to decide what I love most about living here. When I first visited New England with my sister, almost 20 years ago, I fell in love with it here. I absolutely ADORED the history, and the historical houses, as well as the greenery and the beauty.

I am a visual artist, as well as the other many things that I do, so I am inspired by nature----especially the change in nature----and New England is the place to be for change! From the greenery of the summers, with the humidity and the rain, the AMAZING amount of trees, and just a short drive to the coast.....

Beach view in Duxbury.

....to the myriad of colors that come with each Fall, as the leaves change and share their vibrant glory with the world.....

New Hampshire foilage.

....to the cold and icy winter, with its dry climate and breathtaking snow views......

Winter in Vermont.

...and finally end up back to spring, as the earth re-awakens and rears its head from under the cold to reveal the stunning beauty of a new change, a new world, one of flowers and color and fresh clean air!

Downtown Boston---cherry blossoms.

"There is nothing more constant than change".

"Change is not merely necessary to life—it is life.’ Alvin Toffler


So, come and visit and fall in love with this intriguing, beautiful place.....I guarantee that you will not leave unaffected.



***Be sure and check out other New England Bloggers HERE!***

18 comments:

Julie said...

My favorite is FALL. I love, love, LOVE it here!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful photos. I've only been in New England in the fall, but that was enough to fall in love for eternity. So beautiful -- breathtakingly so. I'd love to visit your beaches in the summer!

Christy said...

Gorgeous photos, and I love vacationing in New England! We might go next year - I'll be sure to let you know!

~ Julie ~ said...

Beautiful! I would love to live in New England someday...

Alyson | New England Living said...

Couldn't agree more! I'm head over heels in love with New England! I feel so fortunate to call it home.

Tinky said...

Your photos are magical. Thanks--and happy anniversary to us all!

Kristina P. said...

I would LOVE to live in New England. The trees alone make it worth it.

Mattenylou said...

Beautiful post and gorgeous photos, who wouldn't want to live in our New
England?

I love the variety of the seasons, too.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Great photos Shawn. It's so great to meet other NE Bloggers this week through these posts.

Just SO said...

I have never been back East but it is one of the many, many places I would love to visit. It looks so lovely.

Omgirl said...

That's one thing I miss about Michigan. The beautiful foliage....bright green and lush in summer, gorgeously colored in fall. I don't miss the winters, though. The cold humidity is awful!

I would love to see New England in the fall some day.

Debbie said...

I love those photos. The winter is Vermont is gorgeous.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

absolutely gorgeous!!! We love to visit New England... we actually would love to live there, I guess we will see when my husband graduates in May!!!

Cross your fingers and I'll cross mine!!! :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous post, Shawn! NE weather is definitely all about change! 50 degrees last weekend and almost 0 this weekend, huh!

Carma Sez said...

wow - I can see how you would find lots to adore in that environment!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Happy Birthday to Lil' boo.

I want to let you know that I have a BIG give-a-way starting on Sunday and it will be really fun. I am calling it SPREADING THE LOVE--cuz I love my FOLLOWERS. There are lots of gifts, from really cool vendors. Each week there will be SEVERAL winners--that is right it will be going on all month long. So you can come back each week and leave me a comment, to put your name in.

You don't have to have a blog--you can e-mail me to enter your name.

Followers get their name in once and if you have my button on your side bar your name will go in 5 more times.

If you can double check your READER to see if you are getting my posts I would really appreciate it--for some reason Google has picked on me since the start of my blog and I always end up having them not post every few weeks.

XO
Cheri

Renaissance Woman said...

If I ever get to have a fall break or when I retire my dream is to visit New England in the fall. Beautiful!

BLOGitse said...

wow, you make me want to visit New England!
Your photos are beautiful...

I'm exploring SITStablogs and you were the last one on the list before me - so I thought to say hi!

It's already Friday morning here in Cairo - sunny greetings!

http://BLOGitse.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin