Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Life Of A Celebrity---Part Two

Once again I have been lax in writing posts. I guess with the theatre camps that I am doing and the traveling with the band, I have gotten a bit out of sorts with my normal schedule.

Hang on, what was that last one about traveling?


Oh, yes......I am sure that you forget that I am a celebrity........of sorts.

So you remember one of my most memorable touches with celebrity last year? You don't?
Well, go on over and read about it.

This time was a trip to Long Island, NY, to do a show in a country club. And since we had to leave right after that show and drive all the way up to the Maine-Canadian border for a gig on Friday night, the next night, the agent rented a luxury vehicle.

You know the type.

A big bus with our name plastered on it, and places for us to sleep as we were driven all night long. Well, we are celebrities, you know.

So here you have it. A bit small, but.....at least it runs.

Here's Jeff, looking fresh, ready for the long first part of our trip....(notice the band itinerary
on the window----only the best for our band)

Oh, and its so nice to see our bass player, Danny, smiling and excited to be driving all night!

And here we are----Steve, our drummer, and I, feeling so special to be squished into a seat right in front of the drum kit.


We did the show on Long Island, after driving about 5 1/2 hours----a private party at a country club----got a great hamburger out of it----and some pay, of course-----then we loaded everything in the bus......er.....ah.......van, and continued on to Maine, where we had a gig the next night.

No problem, right? We had a driver and all-----or rather, we had six drivers.....but the town in Maine was actually on the Canadian border and did I mention that we had a show the next night?

Danny....the morning after the ride.....

.....and Jeff, taking it easy.


Then there is Mark, the sax player and moi, looking extremely thrashed after little sleep
but trying to keep it positive like a good celebrity does! I just hope that the paparazzi doesn't
get ahold of this shot!

Our fearless leader, Rick, finally takes a few ZZZZ's.


And then we arrived.....and set up for the sound check....barely alive.

Steve, trying to keep a smile on his face.

The arena where we are playing.....from the stage.....

....and the stage from the arena.

Our amazing five.....er....four.....or what ever star hotel.....or motel.


When you are a celebrity, you always get the best accommodations.....such as matching bed spread and wallpaper strips....or is it matching the wall hangings?.....Hmmm.....hard to decide.
Well, who cares when a nap was so needed!

Right before I got my costume on and went on stage in the star dressing room.

And packing up to get back to the motel after the show.

So, after a night of sleep.....well, about five hours of it, we were up and away to our next destination-----about halfway down the state of Maine.....to a campground type facility. Its only the best gigs for this band!

The stage area.....

....and the snack bar area.

Here is Steve and Rick in the "Star" trailer.....

.....and Jeff and I right before we went on stage.


Our cabin in the woods that we all got to share......I know.....fun, fun....you are thinking, right?

I mean, what could be more fun than sharing a cabin with six guys who fart, burp and tell lewd
stories----while using profanity at every turn-----I bet you are all jealous!
This was my bed----took several Valerian and slept pretty well with my white noise machine on!

And of course, Rick had to find a way to "air" out his costumes, so he hung them up to dry----isn't that what you use your deer antlers for?


In front of the huge rock fireplace with my buddy Steve, before we turned in for the night.

Well....it was back home again the next day. I am not even sure how many miles that we had traveled, but we were loopy, tired, me battling laryngitis, but safe and sound.

Stay tuned for the celebrity tour, part Three......its got another bus, more exotic places, and even a special blogging fan!

You DON'T want to miss it!





28 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You really are so cool.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love how you have perfect eye makeup in all pictures - including the "morning after" shot. You really are a star.

Mrs. O said...

Kristina and kate totally stole my lines. You are a rock star and your make-up is always flawless!

Hildie said...

Oooh, the glamour!

Jan said...

What a fascinating life you lead. And yes you do have killer eyes. Wow.

Lora said...

Looks like fun!

Hailey said...

Looks like not fun. I mean, super awesome fun! Glad you survived! While you were doing that, I was hauling two toddlers through airport security. FUN FUN!

kado! said...

I love seeing all the "behind the scene" shots! Fun! I think the deer antlers/clothing rack are hilarious...I think that might be the only good use for them...off of the deer!

...and that little floral arrangement above the bed in the motel...that cracked me up!

can't wait for part 3!!

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

first of all, you are gorgeous! i never tire of seeing pics of you. i do think i would tire of spending all that time in a van w/ 5 guys.

Melissa B. said...

Thanks for sharing these Superior Snaps...y'all have a lot of fun, don't ya?

Alyson | New England Living said...

You're so awesome, lady! Can't wait to meet someday (and possibly share a ward :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

My, my. If that is a picture of you when you are thrashed well, I'd like to see a picture of you...oh, wait. There is one. With the dangly earrings. It's BEEEEutiful. You are an amazingly beautiful girl, Shawn. Truly.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You are so big time! And thrashed? Please. You looked fabuous!

Erin Bassett said...

Great behind the scenes photos!!

(via SITS)

Carma Sez said...

It doesn't get much more glamorous than that -- especially the fancy stage at the campground. I'd swear you were staying in the same fish cabin that I had to stay in for Mother's Day Weekend. The curtains almost look the same.

You are a consummate performer. Always a smile despite the mediocre accommodations...Not sure I could pull that off as well :D

You Rock!!

Jennifer said...

Here from SITS!

As already posted and you know - your eyes are soo glam!

Very cool blog and photos!

Julie said...

Great post, Shawn - what an exciting life you lead!

Heather said...

wow! you little rock star!~

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm pretty sure it's not as glamorous as you make it sound hehehe. It was so much fun to see the pictures and follow along. I don't know how you do it! But you look oh so good doing it!

tiburon said...

You know what this post is missing?! VIDEO OF YOU PERFORMING.

I needie.

zelzee said...

Your life is such an adventure!!!

Carma Sez said...

Are you seriously gearing up to read the Potato Peel book? I gotta hear what you think of it (assuming you make it through to the end)

Shawn said...

WOW I know someone famous!

* said...

Yeah, gotta love those wall paper strips.

Some friends of mine are in the music scene here in Las Vegas (where I live). One is a lounge singer and the other is in a country band with her husband...going to their concerts is a blast!

PS: Love your white long earrings!

Debbie said...

Oh Shawn, how fun these photos are! I am so happy for you that you get to experience all of that.

Syed said...

Wow, wow and more wow!! Sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic time, and you are a tooootal rock star :) Hope you're having a beautiful day.

Jennifer said...

It looks like you had a great time!!! Love the fancy motel!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

PS Love you byline...Cinderella!

Makeup Theory said...

Okay, how glam is your life! Go, girl.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin