Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stool Inspection 101


My sister, Janene, is a dietician. She is wicked smart, cute and has an amazing family....AND she is skinny to boot. You can see her life here.

One of the great things about having a dietician for a sister is that she e-mails me updates all the time about new trends in food, exercise, aging, and diet. I usually go to the links and do a quick read and some, I bookmark or print to set aside and remind myself that I NEED to start making that a habit or to remind myself why I eat wheat and whole grains when I can't stand them.

About a week ago, she sent me several links. I don't even remember what they were about, but in one of the articles I read, there were several questions about how you can tell if you are healthy or not. I always like to test myself, feeling that I will do pretty well, so I started reading the questions.

Question number two stopped me in my tracks....




**What shape should your stools be to know whether your body is healthy?**




Whaaaaaaa....... Ok, have you heard of this?

So, not only should I worry about my wrinkles, my dark circles, my spider veins, my intake of vitamins and calcium, my weight, my exercising, my gray hairs, my lack of sleep, my eating whole grains and fruits and veggies, my children, my income, and well.....you get my drift.

NOW, I have to start thinking about the shape of my poop!

Ok, so I suppose you are sitting on the edge of your.....er.....toilet.....wanting to know the answer, right? (drum roll, please)





Well, my lovelies, the answer is: "S" shaped!

You heard me right-----"S" shaped!



Ok, so now you can stop reading if you are not into potty talk. You see, I have become really "anal" about the shape, and have started checking it regularly since then. Seriously, folks---some advice when you go stool inspecting:

1. Be sure to check before you wipe, because the toilet paper covers up the shape and its hard to see through it. And lets face it---we DON'T want to try to rearrange it,......to check before flushing!

2. Try to eat lots of "ruffage" so you can have a bowel movement several times a day, that way you can check more often.

3. Ok, so I can't think of any more advice to tell you. You are on your own.


I suppose that you are all wondering if I am healthy.




Well, that's for me to know and you NOT to find out! But do let me know how it goes for you. I am anxious to see.....er.....read.....how your inspections "turn" out.

6 comments:

Hailey said...

All I know is that thing that Bret says is NOT true.

HaLaine said...

Shawn! I realize it's random that I am responding to your question on my blog on your blog. I grew up in Olathe and Overland Park...

Aydan (aka Ace) said...

I tagged YYOOUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Good grief! What if it looks like a "J" or a "7" or...horrors...a mountain made of mashed potatoes..."This means something." I know you know that movie. You know EVERY movie.

You are one great girl to put this post our there to enlighten us and help us to become "S" shaped and healthy.

PS I want to see your lovlies. Do they look like you? Not the poop, the daughters! REAlly!

Anonymous said...

I know all about that as one of my fav shows on BBC america is "You are what you eat" She is big on what your "poop" looks like and what it means. Awesome show!

Shawn said...

I need to see that show, Heather!

And my daughters are sooo lovely, Lynne---but the poopies, not so much. I am having a hard time telling an "S" from "C"---but I'm counting them all the same.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin