Well, I really need to do my Memory Monday again, but I couldn't figure out how to tie it all together with Mothers Day and blog gifts, etc. So, once again, I am going to have to put off my Memory Monday for another week.
WHY GOD MADE MOMS
Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:
What would it take to make your mom perfect?
So, I had a fun Mothers Day, with both my sons and my hubby making me breakfast in bed, then giving me a few fun gifts. My hubby, Bret, had commented on the blog of this amazing blogger, Suzanne, from Just Another Hangup, as she was having a Mothers Day giveaway.
She had picked someone randomly for the first prize----a great tote, but then had loved what my hubby wrote so much----which was a huge paragraph, by the by, that she sent him one for me!! Isn't she the coolest person? Bret did write so many amazing things about me----I was so touched.... Did I mention that he is my best friend and such a fantastic person?
This is the amazing tote! Isn't it beautiful?
Then, my little guy made me a great wall hanging in Cub Scouts. Don't they make the cutest things in Cub Scouts? And he got me a coupon book for doing things for me.....
....but then after he took a closer look at it, he wanted to take some of them out. What a cutie.
After church, we came home and as I relaxed, the boys and Bret made me dinner. My daughter
An amazing hat! A cloche hat---which is my favorite style.
I LOVE IT! I had seen it in a cute, funky store in Western MA when we were out there over spring break, but didn't want to spend the extra money for it. And she got it for me!
Yes, here we are with all the cool stuff---isn't my daughter beautiful? (haven't I mentioned that?)
And this is a close-up of the hat---because I HAD to wear it today.
And of course, here is the whole outfit----which I think works well with the funkiness of the hat. Lovin' my skinny jeans!
Then, to top it all off, my daughter, Maryn called me and we talked for about an hour and a half. And my other daughter, Hailey, called to talk as she was driving her second child, Ethan, to the emergency room---had a spill and gashed his head! So, other than that----it was a perfect day!
And here are some Awe-Summ things about me: (seven to be exact, which is really bugging me, because I hate odd numbers---and I found it hard to come up with things that I haven't already written about!)
1. I used to make answering machine messages for a business---it was called "Message Mania" and I did all types of dialects, and lots of funky messages for every holiday, etc. Go figure----crazy voice messages---who would have known?
2. People fascinate me! I am a people watcher from way back. I absolutely love to watch people, figure out what they do, or where they are going, or what is happening in the relationship with the people that they are with. I watch them in parks, airports, the mall, grocery stores,----well, you get the idea. (but this doesn't make me a peeping tom---NO!)
3. I learned how to sew and make bread from scratch when I was the ripe old age of 8. I used to go to 4-H----and thats how I learned----and when I was growing up, I used to sew my own clothes, because it was too expensive to buy any. (I had to buy my own clothes from the time that I was about 12)
4. I always wanted to be a standup comedienne----in fact, I am the choir director at my church, and I try out all my stuff on them. They are a rapt audience, as they can't really go anywhere. But its always been on my bucket list.
5. I would love to live in a different country every few years. I would adore living in the English countryside, or in London, or in Italy, or France. What an amazing thing to experience! And it would only make it better if my kids could come and live there too.
5. I did many national commercials----about 25-35, I think. I kind of lost track, as some of them were Regional commercials and they were upgraded to national by picking up more regions. And yes, I am a member of SAG and AFTRA---Screen Actors Guild, American Federation of TV and Radio Assoc.----but I am on honorary leave, until I decide to do commercials and film again. Who knows? I may be able to do old lady commercials someday.
6. Well, we all know that I love my children, but did you know that I ADORE babies? If I could have had just babies and not had to raise them----well, let me back up----I don't really like the carrying of them or the labor----but the babies-----I would have had a dozen! I love their little cries, their mews, their smell, the total dependency upon you. It is such an amazing experience to hold those sweet things---they make me cry just thinking about them.
7. I always used to sing to my little ones when they were getting ready to go to sleep. We would read and then I would sing "Hush, You By" or one of the others that they loved. Maryn had to have the same songs every night until she was about 9 years old. And they had to be in order! Last year I made a CD for my kids---with several of those songs on them----I hope that they will dust them off and listen to them once in a while....
Well. Thats all that I can think of! (I actually had to ask both my daughters and my hubby for suggestions, as I couldn't think of different things....)
I am supposed to tag seven bloggers that are fairly new to me, but I think that most of them have already been tagged, so I am going to tag:
1. Hailey at Hailey Tracks
2. Zelzee at Zelzee
3. Audrey at Audrey Eclectic
4. Jewels at Blonde Canary
5. Alyson at New England Living
6. Rhonda at Because Mom Said So
7. Michelle at Yummy Mommy
So, if you ladies already have gotten this award before----just enjoy me giving it to you again----you are all awesome! And then just ignore me for the rest.
I'm used to it.