Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Celebrity For The Day?


I just had the wonderful opportunity to go see The Police this last weekend! I received the tickets from my favorite child, Clayton---well, for now, he's my favorite... Not that I count what each child buys me or anything...

Hailey, my oldest daughter flew out for the concert, so I guess she is my second favorite child, as she had quite an expense for that,...and to top it all off, one of her twins got sick while she was here---so she really went the extra mile to leave her family. But then again, I guess her husband, Ben, who is by far my favorite son-in-law---had the hassle of having a sick child to take care of while Hailey was away.

Well, the concert was AMAZING!! Of course, Hailey and I didn't take our camera's, as we were trying to be honest. (Actually, we just didn't want to get them taken away if they checked our pockets, but they didn't and everyone had a camera!) It was a real bummer because when we got to our seats, we realized that we were ten rows from the stage! We were so close! The people in front of us took our picture, and promised to e-mail it to us, but well---you guessed it---no sign of a picture yet.

Well, to tell you about the concert in a nutshell: Sting is the hottest singer out there, hands down---I mean---you HAVE to check out his physique! And he is getting kind of old, you know---even by my standards... He's definitely got a great trainer. Also, we were standing about 10 feet from where the band came in and left after the concert, so we were able to see him---up close and personal...and I swear that he looked up at me----be still, my heart. Oh, yeah, the music was amazing also...

So, after the concert, Hailey and I took the "T" to my favorite ice cream place, JP Licks----yum---I love the cake batter ice cream---so good...and we were in a deep discussion about what a drag it would be to be famous. You know, it would be kind of a chore---you couldn't even wear shoes that would hurt your feet, because someone might be taking a picture of your grimace... You would always have to look good even when you went to get your mail, or at least, have a matching jog outfit on.

So, it got me thinking... Wouldn't it be a great business to charge people to be treated like a celebrity for one day, or for big money----maybe for a week, or a month? I could have a photographer snapping papparrazi of them wherever they go or someone posing as a magazine reporter asking them questions every time they go outside their houses. I could stalk them and try to get fans to bug them when they go out to eat or to the store, or to the gym.

Wow, I think that it might go over really big... Everyone wants to be a celebrity for a day, right?
Now, what shall I call my website, and what exactly shall I charge? It would have to cover my travel expenses and hiring someone to live in a car for a while---and then there's the paying for the "fans"----maybe I can find some really young ones---they might do it for babysitting type money...

Well, you heard it here first. If someone else starts this company, I am going to sue----because my idea has a date on it, and I am the first to think of it! Hey, what about calling it Celebrity Status for the Day...no, not enough ring to it...

Alright, I'm open for ideas---let me know...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin